Xijiang Miao Village Travel Guide, Guizhou
An ethnic minority Miao village in the cradle of Leigong Hill, well-known for the large scale and the integrality of its building groups, embroidery and silver ornaments featured with ethnic minority's handcrafts.
Traditional Miao buildings / delightful rurality / Hospitable Miao people
How long? -- 2 days
Getting there and away
Buses from Kaili [9:00am & 1:00pm / Y15.00 / 2.5hrs] or Leishan [frequent / Y9.00 / 1.5hrs], arriving at the central of the Xijiang villages. Getting around on foot.
Buses leaving for Leishan / Kaili available from 6:20am~2:30pm
- Miaozhairenjia [0855-896 0398] - the best Miao hostel in the village, located in an opposite slope to the main village, where you can have a panorama of the spectacular village and rurality. New building, clean rooms. Fresh & flavored food, hospitable and considerate owners…[Y20/bed w/bathroom or 15 w/o bathroom upstairs].
- Plenty of choices in the central villages. Though local-planted vegetables, rice and meats are available,food in most of the restaurants is awful and it takes long time to wait. Breakfast is not so bad.
Things to do
- Get up early to greet the sunrise from the back of the slope, climb up to the hillcrest before 7:00am to capture the dewy village decorated with smoke from kitchen chimneys
- Have pleasant walk in the villages and terrace scattered from the valley to the slopes
- Wander around the central basketball field to explore how local people start a day
- Enjoy the peaceful moment of sunset in Xijiang
- Watch the Miao dance and listen to the music at night if you come in the right time with Miao festivals on.
Comment - A perfect place to relax and enjoy rural tranquility.
Route: Kaili to Yangshuo